This is going to be the best season yet….I can feel it in my bones! We are thrilled to be working with all of your children this year & we can not wait to get started. BUT, before we turn your kids into the best skiers in the world, here is a bit of information to get you started.
All practices begin this weekend starting with Saturday, Dec 1 (10-3), Sunday Dec 2 (1-4), Tuesday Gates, Dec 4 (5-7) and Thursday Skills, Dec 6 (5-7).
Before the first practice please take these steps:
- Triple check all equipment/gear for fit & function
- Check the weather to make sure kids are dressed accordingly
- Please make sure that kids have been fed before practice & have enough lunch or snacks to keep them going during breaks
- Make a plan with your child for pick up/drop off locations
- D-Team Sweatshirt order deadline is Dec 2. There is an online order form on the Buck Hill website and payment is taken at the ski school.
- Be sure to check this blog, the facebook page or remind for weekly updates (well done! You nailed step 6 already!)
- Pack their best smiles
What to expect from D-Team? The photos below are of a young man who was on the D-Team. The first photos was taken when he was 6 & the latter photo just 3 short seasons later. There is clearly an improvement, but what the photos do not show is this young man’s passion & joy for skiing. As a D-team coach, I know that I can not turn every child into a world cup racer but I can do my best to help them learn to love this amazing sport. Our goals are simple: Help the children learn & grow as a skier while having fun & of course staying safe. Hope to meet you all very soon!