Buck Hill Freestyle Team
The Buck Hill Freestyle Team is led by a professional, fully certified, and motivated team of coaches that provide world-class training, support, and individualized mentoring to skiers and snowboarders. The team development is centered around a culture of excellence, passion for freestyle skiing and snowboarding, continuous improvement, success, and fun. Team members compete on behalf of the world-renowned Buck Hill Ski and Snowboard Area at the regional, national, and international level competitions.
The Buck Hill Freestyle Team is focused on mastering the fundamentals of the sport while building upon those skills so that athletes can take their game to the level of competition that they desire whether it is on the rails, jumps or in the halfpipe. The coaches motivate and develop the team to strive for excellence.
The Buck Hill Freestyle Team is committed to creating the best opportunities for competitive skiers and snowboarders in the Midwest. Our training environment provides support for individuals in a positive team environment. The professional coaching staff has over 50 years of combined experience mentoring and educating riders from around the country at all levels of USASA, USSS, and FIS competitions. By offering a low athlete to coach ratio of 7:1, we provide a wealth of knowledge and feedback for each individual rider during every practice session.
Outside Yourself. Strive for Excellence.
Buck Hill Freestyle Team
The Buck Hill Freestyle Team consists of athletes, ages 7 - 18 years old, who have the determination to further enhance and refine their skills under the development and mentorship of our coaches and those who have a desire to compete regionally, nationally, and internationally in freestyle ski and snowboard competitions.
Program Pipeline | USASA Regional and National | USSS National | FIS International
Requirements | Buck Hill Season Pass | USASA Membership (USASA Competitors) | USSS Membership & FIS License (USSS & FIS Competitors) | Buck Hill Freestyle Team Application
Unsure if you can qualify for a spot on the Buck Hill Freestyle Team?
- On-Snow Training up to 4 Days Per Week
- Certified USASA/ USSS/ FIS Coaches
- Coaching provided at all USASA Upper Midwest Snow Series Freestyle Events (Slopestyle, Rail Jam, and Halfpipe)
- Winter Break Camp (December 26th – 30th)
- Pre USASA Nationals Training Camp at Buck Hill (Late March with Private Park Access)
- Post USASA Nationals Camp at Buck Hill (April - Condition Dependent)
- Fall Dryland Strength and Condition Training
- Fall Neveplast Dry-Slope Practice
- Individualized Season Planning (Specialized Training & Competition Goals)
- Buck Hill Freestyle Team Hooded Sweatshirt & Sticker Pack
Facilities and Training Environment:
- Access to Buck Hill's 3+ terrain parks, snow features, and the only halfpipe in the Midwest.
- Full support from Buck Hill to maintain best in class snow and training facilities.
- Extended training at Buck Hill outside of opening and closing dates.
- Riders will be grouped by age, skill, and coaches discretion.
Additional Performance Programs:
(Not included in program price)
- Optional Wednesday practices
- Out of region competitions
- USSS/ FIS Futures Tour and US Revolution Tour
- Off-site and out of state camps
- Summer and fall on-snow training opportunities
- Dedicated professional trainers
Season: September 2023 thru April 2024
Fee: $3,195 after 9/1/2023
Have questions about our Freestyle team? Contact us directly today!