2020 – 2021 WINTER READINESS PLAN
As we continue through this COVID-19 pandemic, Buck Hill is working closely with the National Ski Area Association and Minnesota Ski Area Association to safely operate for the 2020 2021 winter season.
Some operational norms that you may be used to will be adjusted with new expectations to meet recommended guidelines. These plans are fluid and may change based on the government, needs of our guests and employees.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we work through the “new norms.”
We’re all in this together!
First and foremost, skiing and snowboarding is a go! Aside the unseasonably warm weather we are dealing, we have snow, and you can ski & ride during our early season operating hours.
With the Guidelines that were laid out by the Governor last week, we have had to adjustments some operational procedures:
- The public areas of the chalet will not be open for indoor warming or dressing through December 18.
- Pre-packaged, Grab & Go food and beverages will be available for purchase in the chalet
- Food must be taken outdoors away from the building to consume
- Buildings will remain open for restrooms, locker access, retail, tickets, season passes and rentals.
- Guess using indoor services should remain socially distanced from others.
- Please gear up in the parking lot, use your vehicles to warm-up if cold, and store your personal belongings
Teams & Camps
- All in-person organized youth and adult sports activities - including practices, workouts, group travel, games, tournaments and competitions - are paused through December 18.
- X-Team start dates will push back one week starting after Saturday, December 19
Lessons – Child & Adult
- All ski and snowboard group lessons have been paused through December 18th
- Private lessons scheduled now through December 18th are being rescheduled with the limited amount of terrain available
Guest who are showing signs or symptoms should stay home
Guest are required to wear face coverings in all buildings as well as when loading lifts
Guest are to maintain 6 feet apart from each other
Riding on Lifts
Parties that arrive together can ride together
Employees are required to wear face coverings in all buildings and outdoors when social distancing greater than 6’ feet cannot be achieved
Daily Health Screenings
Daily wellness checks of all employees will be done prior to the start of their shifts. Employees will be asked to go home or stay home if they are experience any symptoms of COVID-19.
Lifts open at 10am. Parking lot, ticket office, rental and chalet open 30 minutes prior.
Lift tickets must be purchased in advance; send one person from each party to redeem in the ticket office. Renters only should be in our rental building. Register in advance for lessons.
50% Indoor Capacity
All indoor spaces will be limited to 50% capacity
Hitting the Slopes
Guest are asked to get ready at their vehicle or prior to arrival
All personal belongings must be kept in a vehicle or placed in a locker. No items are allowed left in the chalet under or on tables.
Increased Daily Cleaning
We will be performing additional routine cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces
Additional hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the area
Reduction of Touch Points
We are working to reduce the number of guest touch points from lift tickets to rental to food