Have you ever thought about joining the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team? Did you know that the Buck Hill D-Team is a stepping stone for the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team? We are one team with two divisions! Not sure if your son/daughter is ready or if this is the right fit for them? No problem! Try out a few practices with us & see what we are all about!
When: Wednesday, Dec. 5th from 7-9pm on Olympic Dreams
Thursday, Dec. 6th from 5-7pm on Olympic Dreams
How: Meet coach Jacob or coach Yvette ready to ski in the hillside room at 6:45pm on Wednesday and 4:45pm on Thursday.
Why: Give the USSA program a try: There are open slots in the Renegades Monday night program, or if it’s a good fit athletes are welcome to switch to USSA this season.
The Buck Hill Ski Racing Team can sometimes seem intimidating but you can practice and race on any level that meets your schedule! And it is FUN!!
- Money already paid to the D-team can be transferred toward the BH Ski Team dues and the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team Club Late Fees will be waived.
- As a gold certified US Ski and Snowboard Club, the only alpine race program in Mid-west, we strive to be one of the best alpine ski racing programs in the country. Over the last 10 years, five of our athletes were named to the US Ski Team. The most recent is Isaiah Nelson who was named to the US Ski Team at the end of last season and who still practices with our team.
- Our current coaching staff includes three formal National Ski Team Members, an Olympian, and National Hall of Fame Development Coach.
- Creating champions in skiing and life! “Life skills, confidence and independence.”
- The best female ski racer of all time, Lindsay Vonn, started her career with the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team!
- We like to have athletes join our team by age ten since years between 10 and 15 are crucial in athlete development.
- Team website https://www.buckhillskiracingteam.com
If you would like to talk to former D-Team parents we can connect you as well!
Are you ready? Just reach out to Jacob Olsen at 231-838-0113 or email@example.com and let him know if you want to do the try out or come on over and join us!
Above is a photo of the team at our annual Winter Park Camp, with 75 athletes and Olympian Sarah Schelper and the Westminster NCAA Alpine Ski Team, athletes from Norway, France, Italy, Canada and the US ! Awesome time for the kids (and parents)!!